Monthly Archives: October 2011
I was offline for most of today and when I finally logged onto Twitter this evening, I found out I had been awarded a Versatile Blogger award by Ewa Erdmann @transliteria.
I feel truly honoured, especially because Ewa is a fantastic blogger herself, who bloggs about translation, language, marketing and law.
I was a bit confused first when I saw a Twitter message congratulating me on getting a Versatile Blogger badge. I have never heard of it before but I quickly found out and I am so pleased I got one. THANK YOU very much, Ewa .
The accompanying rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the blogger that awarded you the badge.
- Share 7 things about you.
- Award 5 or 15 other bloggers
- Contact these bloggers to let them know about the award.
Now there are 7 facts about me:
- I hold Master’s degree in Chemistry and a PhD in Physical and Theoretical Chemistry. Plus a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Thinking hard what to study next 🙂
- I worked as a lecturer and researcher in quantum chemistry at one of the major Polish Universities for 13 years.
- Through the years, I held various roles: teacher, business consultant, translator, conference organiser, cross-boundary networker, curriculum coordinator, entrepreneur.
- I found my soul mate and decided to move from Poland to the UK and have a career break, during which I carried out various pro bono roles including setting up and running Polish school, and being a member of various boards of directors.
- I am passionate about languages and became a real bilingualism expert when successfully bringing up my two daughters.
- I am a night owl, ENTP-type, volunteering for everything, talkative, loving helping people, multitasking and networking.
- I love books, good food, travelling, different cultures, computers, learning and meeting new people.
I would like to award the badge to the following blogs:
Polish translations by Ewa Erdmann @transliteria
John Paul Aguiar @JohnAguiar
Marketingwizdom by Robert Clay @marketingwizdom
Adventures in Freelance Translation by Catherine Christaki @LinguaGreca
My Lord, my fam, my job, my friends by Olga Arakelyan @olenkaarakelyan
Leadership and rock’n’roll by Peter Cook @academyofrock
These bloggers truly deserve this. And I hope you will pass on the love to the other blogs out there. Happy blogging!