Versatile blogger award
I was offline for most of today and when I finally logged onto Twitter this evening, I found out I had been awarded a Versatile Blogger award by Ewa Erdmann @transliteria.
I feel truly honoured, especially because Ewa is a fantastic blogger herself, who bloggs about translation, language, marketing and law.
I was a bit confused first when I saw a Twitter message congratulating me on getting a Versatile Blogger badge. I have never heard of it before but I quickly found out and I am so pleased I got one. THANK YOU very much, Ewa .
The accompanying rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the blogger that awarded you the badge.
- Share 7 things about you.
- Award 5 or 15 other bloggers
- Contact these bloggers to let them know about the award.
Now there are 7 facts about me:
- I hold Master’s degree in Chemistry and a PhD in Physical and Theoretical Chemistry. Plus a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Thinking hard what to study next 🙂
- I worked as a lecturer and researcher in quantum chemistry at one of the major Polish Universities for 13 years.
- Through the years, I held various roles: teacher, business consultant, translator, conference organiser, cross-boundary networker, curriculum coordinator, entrepreneur.
- I found my soul mate and decided to move from Poland to the UK and have a career break, during which I carried out various pro bono roles including setting up and running Polish school, and being a member of various boards of directors.
- I am passionate about languages and became a real bilingualism expert when successfully bringing up my two daughters.
- I am a night owl, ENTP-type, volunteering for everything, talkative, loving helping people, multitasking and networking.
- I love books, good food, travelling, different cultures, computers, learning and meeting new people.
I would like to award the badge to the following blogs:
Polish translations by Ewa Erdmann @transliteria
John Paul Aguiar @JohnAguiar
Marketingwizdom by Robert Clay @marketingwizdom
Adventures in Freelance Translation by Catherine Christaki @LinguaGreca
My Lord, my fam, my job, my friends by Olga Arakelyan @olenkaarakelyan
Leadership and rock’n’roll by Peter Cook @academyofrock
These bloggers truly deserve this. And I hope you will pass on the love to the other blogs out there. Happy blogging!
Posted on October 7, 2011, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 18 Comments.
Coo ta muchly!
You are welcome, Peter:)
Thank U Aga. I Appreciate that 🙂
Well deserved, John. I enjoy both reading your blog and our Twitter conversations:)
Thank you Aga! This is truly an honor to be nominated by you!
My pleasure, Olenka! You truly deserve this:)
Congratulations, Aga!! I like this kind of “badge-award”… It’s like the #FF on Twitter, but bigger 🙂
After following your blog for some time now and seeing the list of stuff you have done (WOW!), you truly deserve it! 🙂
Thank you very much Curri for your kind words:) I am glad you enjoy my blog – so much more incentive to find more time to share more of my knowledge and expertise:))
It’s so great that this award has given us the chance to learn more about one other, we really are a great community of translators! Thanks for sharing and for the kind mention Aga 🙂
Absolutely. I enjoyed reading about you and what you like, and it was nice to remind myself you spent some time in Canterbury. Perhaps at some point you’d like to come back:)) Not sure how much you remember, it has also changed a lot since then. To be honest it changed massively since I came here 7 years ago:) And I love our translators’ network, so much love and knowledge sharing and great scope for big multilingual and multifield projects:)
Wow! Quite an impressive background Aga! At least twice nominated now, since I nominated you too. Great job!
Hi Tess, double thank you – for your kind words and for your nomination, I am truly honoured:)
Many many congrats to you Aga! It’s a honor for people like us to get introduced with some of the fantastic blog like yours. After following all the written articles I think you truly deserve it.
Many thanks for your kind comment, Madhushewata:) I am glad you like my blog, your praise gives me even more incentive to thrive towards excellence. All the best, Aga
Pingback: Business 2 Blogger « The Aniweda Dream
Pingback: My Turn to say, “The Versatile Blogger Award Goes To …” | Stories of My Wandering Feet & Mind
Pingback: Weekly favorites (Oct 3-9) | Adventures in Freelance Translation
Pingback: Versatile Blogger Award | Day in the life of a Busy Gal…